Thursday, April 8, 2010

Transcendence

Does anybody even read this?


I've moved beyond my melancholy mood. I am still somewhere between here and there, and I go through the motions of the waking world, but I always remember there is something more, something beyond, some sort of etheral landscape of dreams that I am welcome to visit but can never stay at for long...

Tomorrow I will receive the funding for northern Europe. I've received significantly more than anticipated, so I will be spending half of my summer in Europe. Why the hell not, right?

Santa Barbara brought on a weekend of debauchery, new friends, new experiences, new women, and beautiful seaside adventures. Here is a picture of the mission, established as part of Spanish colonization in the early 1600s if I'm not mistaken.
My Tuesday class was canceled so I used it as an excuse to sneak away to Malibu and get some rock climbing in with Ben. The day was perfect, and we could climb rocks, swim in the ocean, and watch the attractive girls put a show on for us at the beach. I like to think they were dancing to put on a show for us, but maybe they just enjoy dancing anywhere anytime, which is also good.



Last night I went to the Getty for college night. I wound up going to UCLA afterwards with some new friends and had a charming and eventful night.

You're in my eyes, in my head, in my soul-I feel you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment